TD5 fuel pump loom

I don't have the in-tank fuel pump/sender connector; but, as they are a BMW connector, they can be sourced from a BMW dealer.

The BMW description and part number is – 4-way female housing – 61 13 8 367 076 (superceding – 61 13 8 367 072)

If you need them, replacement terminals and wire seals can be bought from BMW (I don't have the current part numbers); but, I do have some of the terminals and wire seals, which I sourced through AMP (Tyco).

AMP (Tyco) make these connectors (as well as several other types of connector) exclusively for BMW, they won't sell them to you direct, you have to go through a BMW dealer.

However, some of the terminals and wire seals used in these connectors, are also used in some other commercially available Tyco connectors; so, these are available through Tyco distributors.

If you're only replacing a damaged connector housing and don't need new terminals or wire seals; then, this is how you release the terminals from your existing connector –

The connector housing has a sliding lock plate on it's front, once this is slid open, the terminals can be pushed out from the front to the rear (they can be quite resistant to moving) – don’t pull on the cable, as it will probably pull it out of the terminal.

Locked (lock-plate slid over to the left) –

DSC03494a.jpg

Opened (lock-plate slid over to the right) –

DSC03493a.jpg

The BMW connector looks like this -

post-148-0-82274400-1370708294_thumb.jpg . post-148-0-94709900-1370708296_thumb.jpg

The colour (Water Blue) denotes that it is a neutral or 'zero coded' (code Z) connector.

i.e. - It has no keyways, is universal and will mate with all other connector 'codes' in the series.

• 1 month later...