525 Superwich

Hello,

I'm in the final stages of fitting a 525 mechanical pto winch to my 1984 landy 110 and I appear to be missing the final piece of the puzzle! There appears to be a special drive pin required that goes in the end of the shaft and into the coupling which drives the worm gear at the back of the drum (see highlighted area on image). Does anyone know where I could get one or if there are any known work around common solutions? 

Regards James

IMG_0641.PNG

IIRC there should be a shear pin in the linkage to prevent damaged to the winch if overloaded. 

Superwinch at Tavistock [the makers] should be able to help. 

Superwinch Ltd

Union Mine Road 
Tavistock Devon PL19 0NS
United Kingdom

01822 614101

You show part of Fig 16, apparently your page 15.
I see the same Figure in the PDF I have for this 525 + 110 combination, shown on my page 14.

You should go back to Fig 5 (my page 8, so possibly your page 9), where you will see a more exploded view of the coupling shaft (labelled) and coupling (unlabelled).
In your extract the blue outline is mostly over the coupling, this has a slot (centred in your blue outline). The slot is replicated on the other side of the coupling. In those slots should be two M8x8 set screws.  That was incorrect, in the slot you can just see the circle denoting an integral part of the coupling shaft, these male parts will drive the coupling.
In fig 5 the coupling with the slots is 92, on the list on my page 10, this is Part 6755 (1 required).
From the same figure, the coupling shaft is 94, listed as Coupling Shaft Assembly, Part 6765 (1 required).
From the same figure, the set screws are 93, listed as Socket Set Screw M8 x 8 Lg.   Part 4-40-080803 (2 required).
Edited to add ... These screws are shown fastening the coupling to the shaft protruding from the worm box. The fixing of the coupling is the same style as the fastening of the UJs to the individual shafts that are elements of the complete shaft drive.

I'm not sure which part or parts you are missing, perhaps given the detail you can be more explicit.

Regards.

Edited by David Sparkes
Correction re set screws.