Lt230 hi low problem

Hi fellas 

i have very slowly changed my old knackered tbox for a re con one. I figured while it was out I would do the rear crank oil seal ( 200tdi) and the clutch, bearing, fork and other bits in the area. 

When tbox was on garage floor, everything moved as supposed to. Diff lock went through all 3 positions. ( from Ashcroft site) I understand left or 10 o clock position not used. When re assembled it still works at 12 and 2 o clock position . And diff lock works. 

Problem is, hi low , when on floor it moved from low to neutral to high with a pair of grips. But now it's back in truck and mated to the lt77 I can get it to go from low to neutral and back  but it seems very hard/ impossible to get into high. I don't want to force anything and break something so is there something I did or didn't do when mating to the lt77 and/or putting back in vehicle?

thanks in advance 

mark 

Mine is similar, I knock the T box into neutral when parked at Tescos and the like, just to slow the thieves down a fraction. Sometimes when I return it will not go back into gear at all, until I put the main box in gear and very slowly lift the clutch, whilst maintaining a gentle pressure on the selector lever, then it goes in quite nicely thank you.It is probably down to the gears not being aligned so they cannot mesh until everything is turning

Edited by neil110

I always "feel" the transfer box into high or low with the clutch, without doing this you run the risk of it not quite going in and damaging itself when it "jumps" out. so I have just made a habit of always feeling it in, select 1st or reverse, pop it out of the current hi or low, then push it till you feel resistance in the desired hi or low, then let the clutch out till it just just starts biting and immediately depress the clutch again while pressing the gear lever and it slips in beautifully, once you have done that you KNOW it won't slip out with a bang and you can give it horns confidently.

Edited by bodumatau