Handbrake light switch/wiring

Another question off the back of my tbox change.

i don't seem to have a handbrake warning light on dash anymore . It's an 87 110 csw. With 200tdi. 

Checked under handbrake gaitor . Don't remember moving anything ?? But what makes the light come on if I have no switch on hbrake lever or any visible wiring ??

confused how it works.

i do have a stray blue wire coming straight from battery but who knows where that goes ? Could that of been doing something ?

thanks 

Sorry I'm late. I did read the post ref the handbrake switch , might give it a go.

any ideas what's wrong with my original set up though. Could the blue wire hanging down direct from battery + be something? I had dash lights before but nothing now?? Strange ?

Handbrake from original wiring was a yellow wire, onto the switch tacked onto the side of the handbrake. You'll have a pair of wires for the diff lock switch (black/blue and black) and another pair for the reverse light (green & green/brown). If it was "standard" wiring there shouldn't be a blue down there.

The handbrake wire operates a switched earth, so may be worth checking with a multimeter or test lamp to see if your blue wire has got power....you could of course be highly unscientific and Earth the blue wire and see if your handbrake warning light illuminates! Worst case scenario you'll pop a fuse :rolleyes::ph34r:

Blue wire comes straight from battery? I've taken it off now. I'm sure something will come to light ( or not) that will point out what it was for 

as for the handbrake switch.. I don't have one it's just the lever, no sign of any yellow wire.

will eventually do westerns " park brake switch " upgrade

diff lock and reverse now sorted , although reverse is someone else's bodge that I will eventually sort .

keep ya busy these things don't they ?

• 1 month later...

Ok so not wiring related, but still handbrake...

when I changed transfer box I changed bits inside handbrake drum, expander etc.

but first test drive, all seems great, no leaks, gears all fine but I get a noise when moving like something is intermittently rubbing on drum, if I lift handbrake 1 or 2 clicks it goes away, so I tightened the adjuster a small turn . But drum gets hot. I'm guessing it shouldn't?? Not red hot . But enough to make me jump. Wasn't along drive. Just around the block 

any of you guys think what I may have done wrong ... or right ??

cheers