Viscous Fan & Fan Shroud Woes

Hi Folks,

My 300tdi defender was missing it's fan shroud when I bought it two years ago, and during the past week a kind club member gave me a 2 piece disco shroud.  Got it fitted today and when I went to refit the viscous fan/hub it's quite clear it aint gonna fit.  With the fan blades sitting on the bottom of the shroud, the hub is about 15mm higher than the shaft it threads on to.

My intital thoughts are that the wrong fan blades are fitted, however whats fitted is ERR2789 which is listed as the Defender 300 tdi blades.

Next series of thoughts are that the engine is sitting too low, or the radiator is sitting too high.  This vehicle started life as a 2.5TD and has had a new galv. chassis (300tdi) and been fitted with a 300tdi engine/R380 box and all fit/align perfectly with chassis mounts (I had engne/box out to change the clutch earlier this year).

I'm told the disco and defender shrouds are identical except for the removable top on the disco version.

Has anyone come across this before or have any ideas what might be the issue?

Many thanks

Many thanks for your replies guys & I appreciate you taking the time to find and post those links Western. 

From the pictures, it definitely looks like the lower curve is a bit deeper on the defender version.  

• Like 1