Best side steps for defender 90??

Hey guys...

I currently have the single folding Land Rover side steps. I like them a lot, but my wife and other passengers find it difficult to aim and step on it when exiting the vehicle. Im wondering who has experience with the long side steps that run under the length of the doors. I saw a bunch of nice photos online. The Twisted brand look very nice...amongst a few others. My main concern is that they grip well. The metal surface could be a poor choice when wet. The folding rubber ones i have now never slip.

Any suggestions?

I have long ones on my 110CSW. Don't know the brand but they have rubber inserts all along and don't seem too sloppy. They make getting in / out very easy even for my 90 yr old Dad and 91 yr old Dad-in-Law ?

7 minutes ago, Peaklander said:

I have long ones on my 110CSW. Don't know the brand but they have rubber inserts all along and don't seem too sloppy. They make getting in / out very easy even for my 90 yr old Dad and 91 yr old Dad-in-Law ?

Haha amazing! Any chance you can share a photo? Ive never seen the long ones with rubber inserts.

The tubular side steps have the advantage of keeping other car's doors away from your panels, but they do encourage shoes to scuff the sills.  I find them a bit too high to be much use, favouring the height of the folding steps you currently have, but agree they present a small target when disembarking.  It's a shame nobody makes double-width folding steps.  They wouldn't be hard modify, but the problem would be getting a neat rubber cover.

14 hours ago, Snagger said:

The tubular side steps have the advantage of keeping other car's doors away from your panels, but they do encourage shoes to scuff the sills.  I find them a bit too high to be much use, favouring the height of the folding steps you currently have, but agree they present a small target when disembarking.  It's a shame nobody makes double-width folding steps.  They wouldn't be hard modify, but the problem would be getting a neat rubber cover.

Indeed. I actually like the folding rubber ones i have. But way too small a target. Even their placement is a little too far front for disembarking the cabin. Entering is no problem at all though.

17 hours ago, Peaklander said:

I believe they are 'ice and fire' style. Here's one, it's had a couple of costs of paint on it but still looks good.

Upload is direct from phone so I hope it's not too big. 

These are really neat! I love the fact that they have rubber inserts. Definitely gonna look into them. Thanks for sharing.