Abs retroffiting - wiring

I'm currently fitting a V8 engine + autobox in to a 2004 Defender Td5. The original defender has ABS-ETC and I want to re use this.

The only wire I dont know what to do with is the grey-purple. Cant't find any info about this wire, to what to connect this wire or....

I can activate the abs module via the nanocom and all works fine, ABS pulp works and each wheel give readings.

When I start (or just the ignition on) the V8 all lights go out just the ABS stays on. As soon as I select gear all lights (abs - etc - handbrake) go on. Dont know how this is possible as the autobox has no elektronics.

Who can help - urgent!

Many thanks
Regards
Alain

The TD5 ECU sends out an RPM square wave signal to the ECU at 5 volts, maybe you are missing that ? Although it's a 5 cylinder engine the ECU actually sends out a spoofed 4 cylinder RPM with 2 pulses per revolution.

Without that RPM signal I doubt the ABS and TC can operate.

grey [slate] with purple trace goes from ABS ECU to ABS Modulator on 

abs ecu pin C0506-10 to abs modulator pin C00501-5

abs ecu pin C0504-10 to engine ecu pin C0658-32

taken from pages 40 & 41 of http://www.legionlandrover.com/manuales/electrical schemes - defender 2002 uk.pdf

as DaveW says without the corresponding engine ecu signal it won't work.

Thabks for the info allready!

i found on the black box dizgnostics website some details and there is mentionned for pin 10 (middle connector abs ecu) 'throttle position sensor'.

i dont have a rpm signal from the engine connected to the abs ecu. But even when the engine is not running, just live igntion and i switch gears all the lights will come on.

Just noticed i have the following fault:

04-01

pump relay open circuit

004 times

same problem or will this be somehing different?