2000 Disco 2 Suspension Won't Lift.

Farmerfred

Forgive me if this has been discussed before but I'm not trawling through loads of posts looking for what may or may not be there.

My Brother has just had to fit a new half chassis to the rear of his 2000 W plate Discovery TD5 and everything is finished apart from the fact that the air suspension fails to lift. Everything tests out okay, relay, sensors, compressor, pipes and bags, the dash light/symbol is showing the up/down arrows, doors shut, remove battery and connect again but still no lift. I understand that there is an intake filter to the compressor behind the rear light cluster on the left which as yet has not been investigated, could this filter be causing the problem or something else? I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Hi, I wouldn't have thought the filter would cause this problem unless really clogged. Easy to check though. Have you tried jacking the rear up by the tow bar then trying it. It sometimes "kicks" the system into opperation. Do you have access to Nanocom or similar to check/set the height as it may have gone out of calibration, especially if you didn't disconect the battery before doing anything with the RH sensors.

Sorry I'm too far away to help further,

Griff

The filter has been looked at but seems okay. I will pass on about jacking. Not sure what you mean about Nancom. Personally I would never touch another Discovery, no matter what model. Brother did ring the main dealer locally and was told by the girl on the phone that their chief engineer would ring him back but he never did, she was probably too busy painting her nails and forgot to pass the message on!

Are you sure that the chassis loom which contains the SLS wiring too wasnt hurt during the chassis repair? you sais that  dash light/symbol is showing the up/down arrows,, do you mean after the engine was started too? cos that means fault situation and tester is needed to see the stored fault code

The situation at present is that the repairs centre that have carried out the 1/2 chassis replacement has not got a dedicated fault code reader/computer to be able to do a suspension 'reset' and the chap that does is on holiday but that's the next course of action.

The suspension problem has now been identified and rectified. The problem turned out to be that the compressor was not supplying sufficient pressure to lift the suspension so rather than spend a shed load on another compressor or more time in obtaining a compressor rebuild kit the bags were replaced with coil springs.