Oil leak on a Disco... Surely not!

Igol

I've just swapped the tranny and dif oils and noticed a new selection of leaks/oil spray on the bottom of the engine - the nice white oil filter now has a dirty oil coating on one side along with the coating of rust preventative oil on the axle, steering gear......

Needless to say along with the buggered sump plug threads I've diagnosed a failed gasket, plan is come the next long weekend I have is to pull the sump, stick it in the parts washer (the old garage dishwasher on a high heat) and then either re tap or helicoil the drain hole before a new gasket and bolting it all back on.  So with the dishwasher cycle should only take 2.5 hours for the full job...... I'm lying to myself there aren't I?

Any advice from the wise collective on here? 

Is there going to be enough meat on the drain hole to let me retap and stick the next size up bolt on it or is helicoil the way to go and if so what size kit am I looking at?

OEM gasket or anything aftermarket that doesn't come in a blue packet?

And finally its just going to be undo x number of bolts, jiggle it about a bit and pull it off isn't it??  After all theres a good 3 litres of oil coating the existing ones so they cant be seized and I will not need to use LR no1 tool (grinder).

Or just say sod it and buy a new sump?