Body mount rubber pads

ejparrott

What is the purpose of the rubber pads between body and chassis?

Reason I'm asking, I need to beef up my load restraints and I'm planning to weld mount brackets to the chassis and tie the load restraints down to them, but without knowing the exact purpose of the rubber pads, being careful not to undo whatever it is they're doing! 

I'm also about to fit disco second row seats in The 109 and plan to fit seatbelts too, so same issue

They are under every crossmember, but there's nothing provided on the rear crossmember or the front tabs, that's what got me thinking.  It's a case of whether I add a pad in the restraints or not.  I need to look up what a 109/110 seatbelt setup normally looks like, although it won't be appropriate for my seating.

Do you want the seatbelt mountings in the floor or the frame of the second row seats?   I would make them on the frame , if thats sturdy enough. And reinforce the mountings for the second row seats. In my head i would use 2 point seatbelts.  Or would you like to use 3 point seatbelts? 

Edited by Wytze

That depends.  I'm fitting Disco 1 seats, so there is no standard frame that will fit.  Consequently whatever frame is employed will be custom made to suit, and can therefore be designed to incorporate features as required.  Personal preference would be diagonal belts for the outers and lap for the  middle on grounds of simplicity sake, a diagonal middle would be nice, but for a little used seat the top anchor might be problematic.