Best Heater in a series

Cornish Rattler

9 hours ago, Bandog said:

My ken barlow hardly ever cuts it. once off road with the wind behind me. Those series radiators were designed to run static p.t.o. applications, yes albeit with a belt driven fan, but consider this... in the middle of harvest (august) temperatures can be pretty hot when bailing or threshing.

The disco and defender rads with the oil cooler must also be a good efficiency, to accommodate oil heat sink, but you then rely solely on the cooling system, and if it fails its two eggs broke in one basket.  Worse case scenario of course, cheers 

Yeah true 

There is also the argument that a leak from the oil cooler, however unlikely, will cause cross contamination of the fluids, adding to the rectification work, assuming you find the hidden leak soon enough to avoid catastrophic damage.  A separate cooler will give you a warning puddle!

4 hours ago, Snagger said:

There is also the argument that a leak from the oil cooler, however unlikely, will cause cross contamination of the fluids, adding to the rectification work, assuming you find the hidden leak soon enough to avoid catastrophic damage.  A separate cooler will give you a warning puddle!

Yeah I will be fitting a new 300 rad and intercooler anyway as I don't have either yet so a leaking rad and oil cooler hopfully shouldn't be a problem for a few years at least providing the rad doesn't get damaged of course :)