Defender 90 dull mooing noise during speeds 40mph

Have a rather delightful Friday afternoon made Defender 90,

10years old now........developed a moaning noise during speeds of 40mph, LR replaced rear and front diff , transfer box, rear bearings and steering column ( all on Warrenty) in the last year .

Sadly this noise is still here ..... slight rubbing to steering area also .... would love to find the answer to tell the LR garage 

Warwick 

OK, so it's a Defender - but is it a 200/300TDi, a TD5, or a Puma [and if a Puma is it a 2.2 or 2.4?]

Or is it a petrol-engined non-Eurozone offering?

Does the moaning come-on or go-away under braking? gentle, or hard acceleration? What speeds in the gears is it noticeable at?

If TD5 or Puma, you've of course had the ECU error-codes read before you started randomly replacing parts.

If so what were they?

Edited by Tanuki

Ten years old and still under warranty? I assume it's a TD5.

Mine had a similar noise, and it was the exhaust! A new (genuine LR) system cured the mooing noise.

I didn't replace the CAT as LR wanted £900 for one lol. I bought the centre box online (new take off) for £80 and the rear section was £185 from LR.

On 10/18/2017 at 7:39 PM, Tanuki said:

OK, so it's a Defender - but is it a 200/300TDi, a TD5, or a Puma [and if a Puma is it a 2.2 or 2.4?]

Or is it a petrol-engined non-Eurozone offering?

Does the moaning come-on or go-away under braking? gentle, or hard acceleration? What speeds in the gears is it noticeable at?

If TD5 or Puma, you've of course had the ECU error-codes read before you started randomly replacing parts.

If so what were they?

Hi,

The defender is a Hardtop 90 County HT SWB, 57 plate

DIESEL 

2402cc

The noise is more noticable in 4 th gear, and uphill incline.

Has become noticible in 5th gear also when cruising  at 60mph

Paid the addition warenty as had several issues in the last 2 years, but love the troublesome one 

On 10/18/2017 at 8:41 PM, Lightning said:

Ten years old and still under warranty? I assume it's a TD5.

Mine had a similar noise, and it was the exhaust! A new (genuine LR) system cured the mooing noise.

I didn't replace the CAT as LR wanted £900 for one lol. I bought the centre box online (new take off) for £80 and the rear section was £185 from LR.

10 YEARS in January, paid the additional warrenty as it lives at LR allot , well the garage.

Intersesting ref exhaust , will check that possability tomorrow 

Thank you