Puma abs diagnostic problem

Hi all,

2007 Puma 2.4 Tdci with abs and tc light illuminating in the dash,
when I try to do the diagnosis, wabco abs ecu not communicating with Hawkeye Pro and at a certain point the message appears: you want to check the A-B-C......wiring harness but after losing communication
can someone help me ?
thank you

As Arjan says, low battery voltage may be the issue,as can blown fuses and loose earth connections - It may be just that the ecu is not awake. Also Wabco ABS ecu's will refuse to connect if they have been awake for too long. Switch off,let it power down for a minute, then try again.

5 hours ago, Ally V8 said:

As Arjan says, low battery voltage may be the issue,as can blown fuses and loose earth connections - It may be just that the ecu is not awake. Also Wabco ABS ecu's will refuse to connect if they have been awake for too long. Switch off,let it power down for a minute, then try again.

Thank you Ally V8

battery 100% ok

but I do not understand when you say the ecu is " not awake " what does that mean ?

Giacomo

What I mean is that if a supply fuse is blown,a supply or earth wire is broken or connector loose - the ecu will not be powered up,or "awake" Can you communicate with the engine or alarm ecu properly ? If you can its likely the ABS ecu is not awake.

Ok, thats good, it means the diagnostic socket is powered and working. You need to get a wiring diagram and check the fuses, feeds and earths to the ABS ecu next.

Edited by Ally V8
Bad keyboard skills and cold fingers...