TD5 webasto (factory fit) fuel pump location

lo-fi

Hello 

A mate of mine has a TD5 D2 which had a webasto unit fitted. I helped him remove it to make room for a clutch assist servo to help with a weak knee. I've got the heater, and was going to have a play about with it, but I think it's missing an external fuel pump which is still lurking in the vehicle somewhere. Does anyone know where it might be hiding please? Or if I'm mistaken and it's internal! 

Thanks all

Ian 

I can't tell you the factory placement, but I expect that the dosing pump will be the standard Webasto item and will have been tee'd in somewhere before the vehicle diesel pump (which should narrow it down). Am I to right that you can't easily follow the fuel pipe from where you removed the heater?

If it helps, I have a spare fitting kit somewhere, so I can help with photos of pump, exhaust, wiring loom etc. 

regards 

Ian

Edited by Powerslave

Good luck! My reasoning on the position is that (from distant memory - it's been about 10 years), the dosing pump can't be fitted on the high pressure side of fuel pump. If you could have turned the Webasto on before you removed it, you would have been able to trace the distinctive 'tap tap tap' from the pump. 

I can't imagine that LR would have done anything more exotic with the Webasto installation in terms of using their own fuel delivery method. 

I'll keep my fingers crossed..... :D

Edited by Powerslave