Indicators

Hi all , this is on a 110 200tdi , right I know there's loads out there as they cause loads of grief have had a look and read some threads but none that I can find is specific to my problem . I think I know what the problem is but would like everyone's input to see if I'm heading in the rite direction before spending the cash. 

So , indicators work intermittently but hazards work fine all the time , if I'm driving along and indicate to turn left sometimes they work other times they won't work and sometimes there's a delay then they work and the same turning right , but it seems to happen more when turning left . Then they'll work fine for a while then they start playing up again , and still the hazards will work fine .

I have got LED lights fitted with a RDX relay from bolt on bits the loom is new , hazard switch is new and so is the steering column stalks which were Lucas . I think the problem is the steering column stalks I replaced them all for new Lucas parts when I rebuilt here and I think the quality is #### , the fog light stalk went when at the MOT station , the head light one takes 3 pushes to get it to stay on and I think the indicator stalk is the cause of the problem with my flashers , what does everyone else think ?

Is there a way to open the casing up on these switches to repair the insides  ? And if this can't be done is there a better alternative out there to purchase if it is the stalk ?

Any help gratefully received cheers Ian .

Did read that western but it didn't quite compute thought that as the hazards were working fine all the time the switch was okay  , being up at 4.30 to go to work haddles the brain more as you get older :D , but reading it again if I'm correct the main supply for the indicators goes through the hazard switch to the indicator stalk to work the indicators , so if this part of the hazard switch isn't working correctly all the time this could cause my intermitant fault with the stalk not turning the indicators on . Phew .