Sealing cables from engine bay

So I did buy some proper cable glands. The washer pipe I could pull and run through. The heater wires have a connector on the end that is too big to go through anything. The speedo cable would need to come off at the gearbox end to be run through. The heater cables could be disconnected and run through,the other electric connectors I don’t think will so I will order some tape and sugru most likely.

I'd never bother with glands for that job as they are too restricting, if your fitting grommets a handy tip is stick them in a cup of warm water ( OK I often stick them in my tea mug.. but that's not recommended for many reasons)  but the close to boiling water makes them capable of stretching enough to get lots of connectors through.

HTH

• 5 months later...

So I plan to do a combination of new grommets, magic tape. maybe a cable gland possibly some glue and maybe some extra padding.  Also used various sized plastic trim tabs and bolts for the holes. Put some foam padding in the bulkhead section as I'm not sold on the sound proofing powers of thin plastic.  Once the grommets turn up I'll do the after shots and prepare to enjoy what I expect will be a barely perceptible difference in driving experience.

IMG_4359.JPG.a0f86c43c023334ff2e355152fa6b265.JPG