Defender snorkel

So I’ve got a defender 300tdi 1996 and I’ve purchased a snorkel of eBay which as come with zero instructions  so was wonder if these are straight forward fit or if anyone’s got some instructions or link to fitting similar one that would be great. 

I’ll upload the snorkel soon

cheers 

45F3D6BD-13BA-4C6F-BAB4-26D18D7CF460.png

554A6B4F-C07E-4B74-8291-A81C42F7300C.png

It’s a cheap copy of the genuine Puma snorkel. The genuine instructions are probably out there somewhere,my, but it’s not exactly hard to fit.

Clip the metal plate over the intake hole. Drill the two holes at the top of the plate to suit m6 rivnut. Fit m6 rivnuts. Attach screen bracket to snorkel and Temporarily mount the snorkel on the two m6 bolts. Mark screen where bracket holes are, remove snorkel and drill two holes for the self tapping bolts. 

My genuine Land Rover one didn’t have extra fixings round the mounting plate that that one has from memory,

Thanks for reply mate will follow yr instructions and am sure I will get it on, I just didnt want to mess it up make a mess as I can be slightly retarded at times.. do u need to take the wheel arch off to get to back? 

Edited by Garybb

58 minutes ago, Arjan said:

Make sure you test the snorkel after fitting for being waterproof...

Yes! The last one I did for myself (TD5) had instructions to disassemble the original pipework and airbox and seal with silicone. Otherwise, you have a nice watertight snorkel and water gets in further up the air path when you start wading. Also, consider extending your breathers if you haven't already and make sure you have wading plugs if applicable.