Clutch bled no gears

Hi, defender 110 1990 project nearly finished, got some issues with clutch it's a discovery gearbox n engine in defender, bled clutch traditional way two people no joy then used easy bleed no joy have fluid coming out of nipple plentiful but can't get gears when engine running can get gears when engine off any ideas should I invest in new m/s cylinders, dd

Can you feel the clutch plate spring pressure through the pedal? Has the clutch just been replaced or if it was attached to the fly wheel when you installed the engine? Have you tried to start the engine with it in gear and the clutch depressed? ( make sure the hand brake is on and working chock wheels etc,) If the plate is seized this might release it.

Does the piston actually retract? had this when I finished my chassis swap  , the clutch bled perfectly but first application piston moved and stayed there , slacken the two bolts, if the cylinder moves back as you release them then you have your answer , clutch is stuck in disengeaged position.