Rear air spring

cswagon

I think you can use Testbook but you can probably just take the weight off the spring, pull the connector off the top and let it go down? The book says you must use Testbook to depressurise the fuel system in a V8 before breaking into it but after the first time doing that I just got bored and wrapped a rag around the fuel pipe union, a little "fssh" and about a tablespoonful of petrol in the rag is all it does, much quicker :)

I did not see it but somebody at work replaced some a few months back and they said it was really easy so the answer is probably yes.

I think you can use Testbook but you can probably just take the weight off the spring, pull the connector off the top and let it go down?

Can you get a pin out of the ECU connector and operate the valves manually like you can on the full EAS systems (classic RR and P38a, at least)? I'm not familiar with the disco system, but I'd guess it's fundamentally operated the same way?

The book says you must use Testbook to depressurise the fuel system in a V8 before breaking into it but after the first time doing that I just got bored and wrapped a rag around the fuel pipe union, a little "fssh" and about a tablespoonful of petrol in the rag is all it does, much quicker :)

Not sure about the later vehicles, but on EFI RV8s you can just operate/disconnect the inertia switch to cut off the fuel pump and start the engine - it'll run briefly then stop when the fuel rail has depressurised. My disco is diseasel, but according the manual it's in the dash below the steering column pre-1995 and buried behind the washer bottle post then. The post 1995 version probably isn't practical, looks like you have to take the washer bottle out to get at it. RR classic is much more sensible - it's under the passenger seat.