Wash wipe equipment 98 Discovery 1 3.9 V8 es

jetmorgan

I've discovered on my Discovery that the hoses on the wash wipe system have started to perish so all I can clean at the moment is the inside of the near side head lamp mount. I need to replace the hoses and I will also take the opportunity to replace the headlamp washers as well they haven't worked since i bought the car. It looks like they have actually been disconnected. 

I've been trying to find a diagram of the system so I can figure out what other parts I might need. Does anyone have a diagram they could post or email me. I have a pair of new aftermarket headlamp washer jets on order with Rimmer Bros and 10 metres of hosepipe but just need to find out if I need any Tee's or anything else. Oh and before anyone suggest googling it I have already done so and found a very small picture of the system that I can only just see with my eyesight and is all in Russian!!!

The lrparts/ru site can be translated by clicking on the 'in english' box on the first page or right click & tell google chrome to 'translate to english' everything you need is in this section ------ then click on the diagram to make it larger & readable, also you can click on each diagram item number & it'll open another window with more details. 

Discovery Series I 1989-1998

D BODY ELECTRICS

D12 BODY ELECTRICS, WASH WIPE SYSTEMS

Windscreen/rear washer hose is the bog standard plastic hose with one way valves behind the washer bottle alongside the two pumps. The head lamp washer is high pressure hose with a 10mm ID, the HP pump is also behind the washer bottle. If you don’t have the T piece that is below the bumper then that’s DCP6656 it also combines a one way valve.

Although it’s a reprint now, the genuine UK  paper parts catalogue is RTC9947CF  with the correct part numbers for the UK market, some the foreign online versions are sometimes incorrect... understandable, so double check.

Edited by teabag