300 Tdi swop

Right..... After the last UK raid, the 300 Tdi in the 110 decided it wanted to committ suicide and tried to revv itself to death... Unfortunatly, I was able to stall it - eventually - using the cluth and some serious braking.. Now, it will sort of run, leak oil and produce more smoke than the Bismarck when it was about to go down.. Having no access to machineshop or the likes here, an engine swop it will be.

Taking the Hybid out of the workshop - about80 % finished - the first challenga was to see if the 110 would still go in with the new roll cage on.

It did, great sigh of relief as I otherwise would have had just this weekend when the Mrs isn't here to claim the horse ABRI and to it there....

Tonight, winchbumper and front panel came off.

Tomorrownight it is further dismanteling time....

Getting the new-to- me engine into the workshop is going to be fun...

No. Cause it yet to be found.

But, as it was also leaking, again, from the rear crankshaft seal I decided to take it out and fit what, according to a good friend, is said to be a good used engine.

I may get this one rebuild - can 't do it myself - and put it back in when we swop the R380..