Bulkhead electrical insulation

All,

I know there have been some very unfortunate cases where an electrical short has started a fire. I have my dash out at the moment and redid some of the electrical tape. Is it worth putting any more protection in ? Maybe a thin rubber mat on the bulkhead in the middle above the fuse box or should it be ok ?

The non-sticky non-fluffy Tesa tape is nice, sticks to itself but doesn't make your wiring all gunky.

But the main thing is to add a big fuse on the main feed (2-3 brown wires) through from the engine bay as it's un-fused, if that rubs on the bulkhead you've got a direct short to the battery:

IMG_2981.JPG

The bullet connectors were corroded so I cut them off and added a 20A fuse on each brown wire into the main loom - the two on the right are new ones for the cooling fans. A single midi-fuse would also be a neat solution but I didn't have one of those at the time.