Discovery 1 key fob programming.

muddy4x4xfar

Hi all. Apologies if i have missed any post about this i have tried looking.  

I have a M-reg 1995 discovery 1 300. It has the 1 button fey fob which i am attempting to program. I have followed the procedure of Start with the ignition off and bonnet open with the bonnet switch pressed down.
Then you have to complete the following sequence within eight seconds:-
1. Ignition on - ignition off.
2. Lock doors - unlock doors.
3. Release bonnet switch.
4. Ignition on - ignition off.
Then, if alarm is set the horn will sound and the LED light on dash (in the middle of the dash under the radio compartment) will light.
Now, the programming of the fob or fobs can begin.
Press and hold down the button on the fob until the red LED flashes fast.

When i do this the alarm does not sound and the led light does not flash. I have done this under 8 seconds and tried a number of times. Does anyone have any ideas. I have also checked to see if it required the later key fob being close the the change over year to the 2 button fob requiring the diagnostics to code it. It does not have any diagnostic socket. 

Any ideas of what i can try would be great? 

Also I have attached a photo of a socket i found under the glove box. Can anyone tell me what the plug is for? 

Thanks 

Chris 

IMG_7694.JPG

Hi, maybe you missed some element in the sequence and you can't do that alone:

Single Button Remote Programming

Discovery I and Range Rover Classic 1994 - '95

Applies To:

Item: AMR3722G
Fits: Discovery I | '94 - '95
Range Rover Classic | '95

Note: This process must be carried out in 8 seconds to access learn mode. Best done with two people. You should have both remotes available or the second one will not work.

1. Open hood and have assistant hold hood alarm switch down.
  2. With all doors closed and lock knobs up turn the ignition key on then off.
  3. Cycle drivers door button down then up.
  4. Assistant should then release the hood switch.
  5. Turn ignition on then off.
  6. If done correctly, horn will beep once and dash LED will light up. This indicates the learn mode has been accessed. If this doesn't happen repeat 1 thru 6.
  7. From inside car push and hold first remote. The dash LED should flash 8 cycles a second for one second, indicating that the code was received. If this does not happen repeat steps 1 thru 6 again.
  8. Push and hold the second remote if the code is received the dash LED will flash 8 cycles indicating that the code was received. If this does not happen repeat 1 thru 7 again.

Note: Turning the ignition on at any time will cancel the learning process.
The system can only store two remote codes and must be done one at a time.
If you only have one remote, program it twice.

If still no joy make sure that the bonnet switch is well connected and in working order cos if it isnt the procedure fails... if you dont exactly know what fob you need contact these guys https://remotekey.co.uk/land-rover/land-rover-discovery-i-1993-1995/

i dont know what that plug is for

Edited by sierrafery