DRL lights - loom connection

Good evening

good a set of 2 pcs DRL lights for the front bumper from a friend.

have a question if someone has similar installed? Have a DRL Module included but here comes the question about the connection. What is the ACC? Why are the lights not working as written on the controller when they are connected there? Would like to have them working when normal lights are switch on. Any advise from your ends?

the “headlight” wire means that I would borrow the wire thief from the original headlights or from the smaller standby lights from the front? 

Sorry for such question, would be good to get your input how to solve these issues. 

AA201A07-C64E-41A6-B0AB-88BB4576967E.thumb.jpeg.23f13c2c0f3f478a6f274449e528180a.jpeg

Edited by western
photo rotated for easier reading

Ah okay that fully understandable, means the normal position like the radio has when ignition in position 2 and as normal when all other units getting power = not 24 hrs power, only ignition power 

but would still mean that lights would go off when I switch on the normal head lights as per sentence on the module 

31 minutes ago, Mike110DT said:

strange rule ;) 

Hi Mike, Welcome to the forum. As Drl are bright enough to be seen during daylight and do not have a directional pattern, after dusk they become a hazard to other road users dazzling oncoming traffic.

Ballock, thanks for the welcome, which I appreciate.

I fully agree with you, but fro time to time I see all the fancy Defenders driving with those lights all the time switch on, so curious if such are different in this case.

But assuming that they then always drive with partly light switch on and have the fancy LED truck lights where is already enough light to be visual in the end

I will wire them as indicated and see how it looks, thanks to you guys :)

• 4 years later...