Pto rear bush / grass cutter defender 110 2.5 na

Quillia

I have 4 acres of rough overgrown land France 🇫🇷 need to acquire grass cutter and single plough that can run off pto on 2.5 na defender 110 92’. Any ideas greatly appreciated as to where to look for these items. Thank you

Having owned 4 acres of grass to cut (Lot et Garonne) and tried lots of different methods I can tell you that the big problem with your proposed solution is one of manoeuvrability, also the width of your cutting deck, if not quite a bit wider than the vehicle it is going to be very difficult to see and position. Reversing near impossible

If you have no experience of ploughing and it is a one off then probably don't, get to know a neighbour or ask a contractor, usually about €80/hour, but they will be much quicker and more effective than you.

Grass cutting is one of those trade off jobs, time or money. 

Early days when our place was really overgrown, I spent (2001 prices) about €500 on a 'Girobroyeur', and €4000 on a MF285  (both second hand)it was a really heavy jungle buster with 2cm thick blades on 28mm pins, it ate brambles beautifully but being narrower than the tractor meant lots of reversing into edges and corners etc. which gives you a stiff neck. Also required a medium sized 3 point lift and about 35hp at the pto, the grey fergy never managed it. 

Once things were under control I bought a second hand John Deere 455.

You will find French equipment expensive, but if you go the route of sourcing it all in the UK then you have the extra trips and the problem of sourcing spares. There is a lot to be said for the Chinese tractors which are very popular there now. 

If you pursue the Landy option just make sure you are going to have enough power at the PTO for the grass deck or giro that you want. Also PTO stuff is serious money now, I just think a tractor or a big mower is a better solution.

Agree with the tractor and topper suggestion. Personally I would stick with a secondhand simple machine with a proper 3 point lift as opposed to a mini or garden tractor as the implements can be quite expensive for what they are. Something along the lines of an old Ford 3000 / 4000 or similar size MF machine might seem overkill but they are simple, reliable and spares are easy to come by. Combine that with a 5ft topper or Bush Hog and single or double furrow plough and you will be well set up for the acreage you need to deal with. You will have the right tools for the job.

However if you are set on using a Land Rover I would abandon the PTO and stick to a self powered trailed topper but it will be a faff reversing into any corners or awkward shapes unless it's one of the wheeled toppers. Be mindful that even small young black or hawthorn etc can have thorns decent enough to puncture tyres. As for ploughs, unless you are going to the trouble of installing a 3 point lift you will be confined to a trailed implement but as Blanco says lack of vision is one thing to consider.

.... and once you have the tractor it opens up a load of stuff, log splitters , log saws, pallet forks, cement mixer .......

The most used item I bought after the MF285 (bit big really the Ford 4000 would be much handier) was a 1.5 ton hydraulic forklift, used it lots for the re-building work and it meant that stuff in the barn could be kept on pallets, and shifted as needed. Only thing to watch out for really is ending up with a collection of seemingly cheap old farm equipment you might have a use for one day but in reality is too knackered to be good for much at all:D

If you want to mow grass buy a tractor, if you want to control it a 6 ft topper pulled squarely behind the 110 would work especially if you offset it you you can lean out the window or door to see the cutting edge.

Classic tractors are very cheap and as has been said extremely versatile. once you have a double acting spool, free flow return and perhaps even a loadner then the possibilities are endless.