Power Loss

RizzleKicks

Hey Folks,

Advice required , was driving up quite a steep slope today and had to pull over to let a Fiat 500 through , went to take off again but the car struggled hell of a lot. 

Managed to get the car up the slope but bad smell of clutch due to lack of power , now when I was over taking the Rev counter was hitting high but the Speedo took a while to catch up , only started to play up today.

I did fill up with TESCO Fuel last night but not sure if that could be the cause. 

Any help or advice appreciated before I book it into the stealers lol , oh it’s a 2004 TD4 Diesel.

Thanks

The fact that your revs are rising whilst the speedo took time to catch up is a sure sign that the clutch is slipping.   You will find that it slips more in higher gears ie when you are overtaking or when going up hills.  I don't know about heavy duty clutches but you should change the clutch and pressure plate     If the Master cylinder was a problem then you would not be able to get the clutch in or out or change gear.  Have a look on Eurocar parts https://www.eurocarparts.com for clutch kit options.  I can't remember how the slave cylinder works on these cars but if it's an internal type then it might be worth changing that while you are in there too.  

What he said, sounds very dead clutch to me.

Clutch release is a concentric type so well worth the extra £50 to replace it while you're spending the money - new dual-mass flywheel may also be in order which isn't cheap but is worth doing at the same time.

Morning Folks,

The hippo goes in on Monday to get a New Clutch Master Cylinder , Slave & Clutch ,fingers crossed it goes smoothly and I’m back on the road asap. 

Question I have is would I need to replace the Transfer & Gear Box Oil & if so how much would I need & what brand and grade to go for ? Reason I’m asking is I would rather supply the garage with oil than be charged double 😂

Its a 2004 Manual with 85K on the clock