Help ๐Ÿ˜Š

I would switch it if it were me.

ย 

Surely as you are using a TD5 loom, all the connections you need for the transducer, are already present in the main loom to engine loom plug.

Can you not just pick them up from here?

33 minutes ago, MR-HIPPO said:

I would switch it if it were me.

ย 

Surely as you are using a TD5 loom, all the connections you need for the transducer, are already present in the main loom to engine loom plug.

Can you not just pick them up from here?

Iโ€™ve lost the plot tonight, ๐Ÿ™„ย 

ย 

cant find an ignition live on the multi plug,

Iโ€™ve wired up the signal fromย the ย transducer to the yellow/pink tracer wire as that seems to go to speedo and is shown as no 2 on the pink plug,ย 

The wires are right for live and earth of transducerย 

now toย top it off my fuel Gauge is showing FULL Iโ€™ve only got ยฃ30 worth of diesel in the tank was ok till I started to push in the pink plug

if I unplug one of the pink plugs on rear of speedo head it goes down to emptyย 

ย 

Edited by Green200tdi

If you are pulling power from the Yellow/Pink? then as this comes from the Speedo, I would suspect that that is where you problems arise.

ย 

There should be a spare White/Green in the large grey main loom / engine loom plug.

This should be live with the ignition on, it runs from fuse 12 (10A) and would have provided a live feed to the alternator, this wire is not used on 200TDI engines/Alternators.

ย 

Alternatively, there appear to be a bunch of switched White/Green green up behind the instruments, these should also work, These are fed from fuse 15 (5A)

ย 

ย 

ย 

No not pulling power from the yellow/pink sending the signal from the transducer to the speedo via yellow/pink,

thought speedo would already be live but will give it a go tomorrow the white and green send a live to that bet thatโ€™s why my fuel gauge is now playing up ๐Ÿ˜Š

thank youย 

Without seeing what you have done, is is hard to know exactly what you have.

ย 

To clarify, I was suggesting the White/Green as a switched live power source for the speed transducer.

ย 

Have you seen Retroanaconda's speedo wiring diagram?

http://www.retroanaconda.com/landrover/gauges_diagram.pdf

It may help confirm that you have your wiring in the correct places.

It was linked to in this guide to install a TD5 dash head into a TDI vehicle.

http://www.retroanaconda.com/landrover/2009/10/installing-defender-td5-gauges-into-a-200tdi300tdi/

ย 

Right Iโ€™ve gone through the lot of the wires on the gray plugย not one of them makes the speedo live,

thing is as Iโ€™ve got a whole td5 loom the only problem I should have is connecting the transducer as I donโ€™t have a gearbox loom or ecu so the rest of the speedo head and that should be fineย 

only need a signal to speedo head which I think is yellow/pink itโ€™s proving hard to get this far ๐Ÿ™„

the white and green is the temp sender,

what have I done with my fuel gauge? it now constantly showing over full tank if I unplug one of the pink plugs to the speedo or switch off ignition ย fuel gauge goes to zeroย 

getting pixxed nowย 

was all working with the dodgy old loom ๐Ÿ˜ก

Edited by Green200tdi

Are you using a TD5 Clock binnacle and wiring harness, plugged into the TD5 main loom?

ย 

If so the signal to the speedometer from the speed transducer should be on the Black/Red wire, as per retroanaconada's guide above.

White/Green is the live feed to the, Coolant temperature gauge, the fuel gauge, the speedometer & a various warning lights on the dash panel. (on a TD5)

Where would ย thisย black and red be picked up from?

the black ecuย plug under drivers seatย 

or

the gray plug in the engine bay by the orange plug,

as I donโ€™t seem to have this colour but I do have black /red at the speedo td5 loomย 

the transducer is working a treat as it lights one of the dash warning lights onย test so no problem there,ย 

50 minutes ago, Green200tdi said:

Where would ย thisย black and red be picked up from?

the black ecuย plug under drivers seatย 

or

the gray plug in the engine bay by the orange plug,

as I donโ€™t seem to have this colour but I do have black /red at the speedo td5 loomย 

the transducer is working a treat as it lights one of the dash warning lights onย test so no problem there,ย 

Transducer black/red goes direct to the speedo matching color wire via the grey big multiplug behind instrument pack, that's how mine is done & it works fine.ย 

Mine all worked fine when I had it set up in the 110 before I put in new loom๐Ÿ™„ย 

ive had an idea tho now cut and solder black and red wire for yellow pink tracer that will go straight from multi plug to speedo head without running new wires as that yellow pink is signal to what would be ecu,ย 

Iโ€™ll make sure speedo is getting a live too,

ย