Looking for a mechanic someone with a garage for few jobs.

youngengineer

I live in central London and am starting to struggle a bit with lack of workspace.  I've been working on my series 3 for the past 6 months on the side of the road and have one neighbor has recently become problematic making further work impossible.

I'm putting a feeler out there to see if someone would be interested in taking a few jobs on the landy. I don't mind travelling out of London as long as it's not hundreds of miles away.

I've recently become interested in either fitting an LT77 and/or defender/RRC axles to the series 3.

I have thought about Ashcroft's high range but they are out of stock for the next 4 months and would like to get this done before winter.

I've already fitted a 200tdi which is working well.

I think this job would suit somebody who is either retired or young and looking for some cash on the side.

Edited by youngengineer

I don't know any close to London but I would suggest a bit of thought about what you want to achieve because some of what you're talking about is fairly major surgery and will ruin the originality of your Series - it may be better to sell it as an original Series and just buy a Defender that already has the bits you want as standard.

8 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

I don't know any close to London but I would suggest a bit of thought about what you want to achieve because some of what you're talking about is fairly major surgery and will ruin the originality of your Series - it may be better to sell it as an original Series and just buy a Defender that already has the bits you want as standard.

I would certainly agree with you. However I have somewhat of a personal attachment to the car and have undertook allot of work on the body and interior. Defenders are subject to Ulez, a £12 a day charge to drive in London.

23 minutes ago, vulcan bomber said:

I've got a friend in Hinckley that would be just the man you need. If your bothered about the distance, we look after a Puma powered 110 that lives in Finsbury Park, the owner brings it up here, simply because he trusts us.

Sounds interesting. Any more info?