Range Rover Classic Steering Striker Plates

Darren Roberts

Range Rover Classic 1992 with ABS.

Just replacing a swivel seal and I've noticed that the bolt that acts as the steering lock stop has bent. Should these axles have striker plates on them as per part number TAU100170? Or does the bolt head just hit the swivel flange, as I've noticed it's starting to damage that?

TAU100170.jpeg

thanks

Darren

Edited by Darren Roberts
Updates

• 2 years later...

Sorry to open this old thread but I am in a similar situation with my old defender. I am fitting new swivels and at the same time cleaning up the swivel housing etc.

My swivel flanges do not have the stop plate fitted. Also my stop bolts are different to those that I can find on the net as these show a standard M12 ser screw. My stop bolts are quite distinctive - I will add a photo of the bolt (though is in its clean-up state).

Could anyone tell me how thick the stop plates are? And if you have any dimensions that would be great as I can soon make some up.

Thanks for your help. 

Mick

20220211_044805.thumb.jpg.660161e402d836f99d1d7cadbb7bb0ac.jpg