2.2 Fuel Filter

We've got a leaky fuel filter on our work 110 that i'll get changed today. On my own TD5, once i change a fuel filter i've got to purge the system by turning the key to position 2 then pumping the accelerator pedal a few times to start the automated process. Is this the same on the 2.2 or do i have to do something different?

Not sure if this will benefit anyone but in the end i just filled up the new fuel filter with diesel and she fired up and ran with no issues. I did a bit of research and it turns out there isn't a purge/prime system with the 2.2 engine. Instead you've got to get a dealer to do it, madness! There are a few DIY hand pump instructions going about but i think it's only really for when your system is totally dry. Anyway, all's well and onwards and upwards!

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:57 PM, jason110 said:

I had to change the fuel filter on my old mans 2.4 transit and just filled the fuel filter up and started it. Ran a bit rough as the air cleared but held it at 1500rpm and it was fine after that. 

You don't seem able to get away with that on the newer mk8 transits. They have moved the filter to be at the chassis rail level which means all the fuel in the line to the engine down to the filter empties. Can get round it by turning the ignition on to get the pump to run , then turn it off when it stops and repeat a few times.

Thery also have a stupid new plastic bowl which is next to impossible to get off without the £10 tool just for that purpose...all in the name of progress!