Help after cam belt failure

Hi my 300 tdi stopped on the drive the other day, turns out it was the cam belt tensioning wheel collapsed. I’ve replaced the belt and timed up etc and it won’t start I’ve removed the rocker cover and rail expecting to find the push rods bent however they were fine. I would normally check valves but have read it’s highly unlikely there bent if the push rods aren’t bent. Has anyone got any ideas before I take the head off. Thanks in advance wes

It's very easy to get the belt one tooth out so I would check that again. I've also seen some crank pulleys marked wrong. Have you pulled the push rods or just visual. I would check push rods, rockers and rocker shaft. After that check the cam is moving all the push rods I've had a cam snap and the first three push rods were still moving.

Mike

Thanks I’ll check after work and have a look. I did pull the push rods one by one. I’ll check the cam is moving the push rods as well. Going to try blending at he injectors as well just to make sure there’s fuel there too 👍

All sorted now thanks for all your help. It turns out the cam belt had been fitted correctly, it was the brand new britpart kill switch was faulty!! Changed back to the old one and fired straight up. Happy days😁

• Like 2