Wiper Motor And Switch

JonR

Thanks for the info, most helpful.

Now I can wire in a nice intermittent wiper control unit, one of the things I've always wished I had, after 18 years of owning the vehicle. All I need to do now is buy myself a soldering iron.

I expect the coming winter will now be the driest ever recorded.

Jon.

Thanks for the info, most helpful.

Now I can wire in a nice intermittent wiper control unit, one of the things I've always wished I had, after 18 years of owning the vehicle. All I need to do now is buy myself a soldering iron.

I expect the coming winter will now be the driest ever recorded.

Jon.

Read my thread adding intermittent wash/wipe to older 90/110 in the Tech Archive, plug and play no soldering or wire cutting required, uses all genuine LR parts :D

Edited by western

Thanks Ralph, but I already have a Hella intermittent control unit with an adjustable interval of between 2 and 30 sweeps per minute.

My dad had it fitted to our old Maxi and when it was finally scrapped back in '89 the control unit was removed and has spent the intervening years in the loft. Miraculously the fitting instructions survived but since it's mid seventies vintage the vehicle list includes cars like Simcas, DAFs, NSUs and vehicles that are positive earth.

So now I've clearly established which wiring diagram to use its going to be very easy to fit, just a couple of bullet connectors and the switch matches the the current switchgear.....and since it didn't cost anything :D except the price of a new soldering iron :huh:

Jon.