VERA

No I hadn't 🙂

I wonder if it is a conversion especially requested by the driver, or the production company., or just happenstance?
Perhaps either the clutch was felt to be too heavy for the repeated stop / start use, or might lead to too much jerky movement for the filming, or probable interuptions to speech delivery.

Regards.

no wont be anything to do which speech delivery, when filming the driver /  passenger in conversation mode, vehicles are on a 'very low' loader vehicle, so the view out of the side windows isn't 3 ft higher than normal, so not really driving.  Its a pukker 90,  I checked a couple of years ago, mot/ tax etc owner must hire it out.

Just found this on the Adrian Flux  web blog 

Brenda Blethyn stars as Detective Chief Inspector Vera Stanhope in this slow-burning TV crime drama set in rugged Northumberland. What else would she choose but a battered old Landie, an off-roader built for purpose? The model she drives is automatic because she doesn’t have a manual licence, but she pretends to change gear for filming. She also does her own stunts because the show’s stunt driver is a man with a ginger beard.

Edited by Yostumpy
  • Like 1