New p38 wont start.

Polly123

Don't know sorry.

i know on mine I don't have a remote and have disconnected and reconnected the battery multiple times without the immobiliser activating. I don't think when I have had the message flash up in the past the key has disarmed it and it has a;lways been disarmed by the remote.

As I said before, the car is in an alarmed state, and wont respond to the key (i.e. not unlock all doors and not disable the immobiliser). If you can put in the EKA, the alarm will be turned off and everything will work with the key. Or you can resync the remote. The alarm can not be completely disabled, only the passive immobiliser part. So if the alarm is triggered, you wont manage with just the key.

You said you had the BECM and ECU (I assume you mean the engine ECU) sent away. What did they do? Did they just synchronise the 2, or did they actually unlock the BECM from the alarmed state? It sounds to me it was only the synchronisation, so the car is in fact stil alarmed. If the microswitches in the doorlock don't work, you wont be able to put in the EKA. Easy enough to test using the pin out in RAVE.

Or via this handy guide:

https://www.rangerovers.net/attachments/p38-door-latch-tests-pdf.92874/

Filip