Swivel question

Morning all

I've got an early 110 which has (or at least should have) the railko bush type swivels, and they're pretty rough and could do with being replaced. Is a swivel from a later ABS model (such as a Discovery/Defender) the same? I don't want to replace the swivels with the top and bottom bearing types like the later non-ABS models have, and I could source an early chrome swivel that would fit, but I have two pretty good ABS swivels from my old Discovery that I would like to use instead if possible.

Cheers

1 hour ago, vulcan bomber said:

300 swivels will have top and bottom bearings.

Yes, but the 300Tdi ABS models have a different set up on the top for the sensor. I wanted to know if these swivels are interchangeable with the railko type swivels on my '84 110.

If you could take a picture of all parts concerned I'd be quite appreciative, I've been looking at kinda doing what you've done but vice versa, I've got a handful of decent later type swivel balls, but I want to keep my 10 spline half-shafts and CV set-up. 

• 7 months later...
On 2/7/2020 at 12:00 PM, Maverik said:

If you could take a picture of all parts concerned I'd be quite appreciative, I've been looking at kinda doing what you've done but vice versa, I've got a handful of decent later type swivel balls, but I want to keep my 10 spline half-shafts and CV set-up. 

Sorry about the delay in replying. I expect you're already sorted out by now.

As far as I know you can change the swivels for the bearing type and it'll make no odds to the internals of the housing so you should be OK to do that. My questions above were based on wanting to keep my 110 as original as possible in there, although I don't really know why as it's got a Defender R380, a Discovery 200Tdi engine, a Discovery 300Tdi transfer box, and a hacked about TD5 exhaust. Not exactly original...