Clutch problems

Jessie the dog

16 hours ago, steve b said:

the can has two chambers , the central one being smaller is for the clutch

cheers

Steve b

Ah okay, that makes perfect sense. Thanks Steve.

I had a 2a, many, many moons ago. it was a later model though, I seem to recall it had separate reservoirs for brakes and clutch?

• 2 weeks later...

I am very happy to report some progress with the clutch. I tried WD40, time and driving but that didn't work but I took another look at the servo link and wound it out even further. Success. I have now changed from 1st, to 2nd and 3rd for the first time, all without starting in gear! Thanks for your help.

Next job is to sort the brakes which are completely useless. All new linings, cylinders and lines. All bled, but nothing at the pedal. I suspect the adjusters need setting.

I am also going to post a line on fuel pipes. The pipe from fuel tank to pump seems to be a series of hoses all connected using jubilee clips There is a leak with a smell (no sign) of fuel. I believe that there should be a specific pipe with nut and ferule type ends, however I cannot find one for sale anywhere. Any ideas?