Coolant Leak Def 200tdi 1992

It could be, if you are not using it regular you could dry it off and put something there to absorb water. you can also buy an ultra-violet dye to add to the system and trace with an ultra-violet lamp. I have made up a spare cap at times with a tyre valve to pressurise the system cold to look for leaks.

Yes, was looking at doing that myself. The leak takes a route where it just clings to everything until it finally drops off the hose above front diff. Seems impossible to find the cause without a bit of help. 

My water pump on the 200tdi went just like this, but there was a tell tale smear of blue down the front of the engine where the antifreeze had dried off and left deposits. It will get blown about a bit where the fan pushes air back. Best time to look is after a run when the system is hot and still pressurised. I had a further weep on the thermostat housing bypass hose. It was old/original pipe and the connector had rusted a little on the pipe to the back of the head allowing it to leak a little. It was hard to find as the drip was onto the exhaust manifold stud beneath so it dried when running, but left the bolt head wet when it was cool enough!