Series Transfer box Gasket set

Cornish Rattler

Hi guys

Is there such a thing as a series transfer box gasket set or is it covered with the gearbox gasket set, I do have a gearbox gasket set which has been un opened for a couple of years till the other day when I opened it to check and there are gaskets that look like they fit the transfer box but there are a couple of gaskets missing, if there is a such thing as a transfer box gasket set could give me the part number please :)

4 hours ago, secondjeremy said:

I think you'll need the squareish gasket that goes under the handbrake oil catcher as well.

Yeah I know they are not inc in the gasket set but the two I've noticed that are missing is the one between the tranny case and rear output boss and the one that fits between the tranny case and tranny box and no oil seals in mine either, think I will just order another but better gearbox gasket set and a tranny box sump gasket as well :)

There is no gasket between the main case and speedo housing, only steel shims to set the preload on the output shaft bearings.  If you ever find a gasket for that position, DON’T use it, and don’t use any sealant of any type on there - it’ll prevent you from getting the preload accurate and keeping it in service.  There should be paper gaskets between gear box and transfer box, and between transfer box and front 4wd housing.

6 hours ago, Snagger said:

There is no gasket between the main case and speedo housing, only steel shims to set the preload on the output shaft bearings.  If you ever find a gasket for that position, DON’T use it, and don’t use any sealant of any type on there - it’ll prevent you from getting the preload accurate and keeping it in service.  There should be paper gaskets between gear box and transfer box, and between transfer box and front 4wd housing.

Thanks Snagger I will remember that :)

• Like 1