How much

HampshireHog

23 hours ago, ThreePointFive said:

I also heard all of the Spectres weren't road legal, but never heard why - does anyone know? Type approval with those tyres perhaps?

It would be interesting to see why these are viewed/labelled as the ultimate Defender, but I suspect I'd get depressed.

Those copies don't expressely say they're copies/replicas anywhere on the advert that I saw. Labelling it as a Spectre Edition is flat out implying it's something it isn't in my view. I know there's some obvious bits that a movie car wouldn't have, but if you were looking at it at face value of what they're calling it.... dodgy.

It raises the obvious question that if the original SVO built vehicles are not road legal, then are the replicas?  It seems unlikely, so are the buyers made aware?  Given that the replicas will have normal road, registration and MoT histories, it’s a fair bet the buyers have no idea the vehicles are not road legal, if that is the case.

13 minutes ago, Snagger said:

It raises the obvious question that if the original SVO built vehicles are not road legal, then are the replicas?  It seems unlikely, so are the buyers made aware?  Given that the replicas will have normal road, registration and MoT histories, it’s a fair bet the buyers have no idea the vehicles are not road legal, if that is the case.

The difference is modified (replica) or 'factory build new car' (original). The latter not being road legal only because its not been IVA tested as for the filming it would have been deemed unnecessary. Not because the stuff done to them can't be done, but more that the stuff that is done to them puts them outside of the type approval to register them.