Western gone awol

As Snagger said there should be something stopping the bottom pointy end moving forward until it's lifted up the slot which stops it collapsing. If there is nothing there you could fit a bolt out of the bracket to locate it. I'll have to see what's on mine. I bought a kit from Nige years ago but have not got around to fitting it yet as I have no problem with my scissor system.

30 minutes ago, ballcock said:

As Snagger said there should be something stopping the bottom pointy end moving forward until it's lifted up the slot which stops it collapsing. If there is nothing there you could fit a bolt out of the bracket to locate it. I'll have to see what's on mine. I bought a kit from Nige years ago but have not got around to fitting it yet as I have no problem with my scissor system.

Ah that would explain 

any pics would be cracking 

37 minutes ago, ballcock said:

On the SIII, it’s just part of the bracket that bolts to the wing, bent inward 90 degrees and pressed hard against the front edge of the bottom of the leg, preventing the bottom end rotating forward (and thus the middle backward toward the bulkhead).  A bolt with a nut and large washer each side of the bracket or any other vertical surface would do the same job.

Sussed it.

bottom pointy end was bent over somehow??

all straight again now and it locks if knocked out of alignment. As per below 

thanks chaps

snagger

i will do the gas struts upgrade eventually. I’ll let ya know when. If you still want my old we can sort it then 

ta

3E98AD13-6C7B-4E74-9771-35445FA64F88.jpeg

6CE69ACC-1C7A-44DC-AD55-C94ACBC27A16.jpeg

• Like 1