LR 90 Bonnet Safety Hook Pic Request (pretty please)

Hi All,

I've bought a bonnet gas ram kit from Hybrid (nice bit of kit) that I am going to fit this weekend ahead of doing my timing belt and decided to fit a bonnet safety hook MUC6457 for good measure "just in case" the bonnet releases whilst I'm going at (....ahem...) Mach 3 and the bonnet pops up.

Does anyone have a pic of one fitted to their bonnet?

Thanks in advance. 😊

🙂

Thanks Ian, 👍

The original slam panel/grill arrangement (1986) had the lockable latch that swung up and locked it in place. I changed it to a "blingy" grill and just a bonnet pull during its "refit". The slam panel has the cut out for the hook to latch in to.

That bonnet (presuming a 300TDi)  looks a bit different to my original bonnet. I have 4 square brackets (2  either side of the catch) which are spot welded in place and think probably had rubbers fitted to previously. 

I may need remove the one above the cut out in the slam panel and fit rivnuts for it to bolt it to.

Thanks again. 🙂

G

Thanks Ralph,

I'm fairly sure the slam panel I have which I don't think was original has the part 12 fitted (will check tomorrow). 

BTW what was wrong with your first bonnet? Just a little bit of rust worm infestation......🤣

Cheers 👍

G 🙂

It had a bad case of tinworm, the front inner frame where the bonnet spring section is,was just about hanging on but wouldn't shut & lock properly & it had 2 dents in the raised areas on the outer skin, so it got replaced by a great condition Td5 bonnet which I had painted in the correct colour & fitted it.