Bolt supplier for M7 e-torx head

HoSS

5 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

That driver is still way too fat - you need to chop about 5-6mm off the top of the bit and get a Naro driver that doesn’t have a huge plastic knob on the top, they're only about £10 and worth every penny - I've got about 3 of them now;

Yeah even that would be troublesome, as when you start to drive the bolts theres only <5mm available, and not all were going in by hand.

I've cut the bolts into studs now and have some M7 nuts coming.

26 minutes ago, Escape said:

Wont nuts be a bigger size than a reduced hex bolt? The stud has to pass through them, so extra material is needed.

Well no 'extra' material, nut AF is the same as bolt head AF. And you can get reduced nuts. M7 AF is 11mm as standard, but i did find 10mm.

But it was never an issue of the bolt head diameter, rather the tool needed. If i'd used std hex bolts a ratchet ring spanner would not go in there.

Using studs they start much lower and one can spin the nuts on by hand then finish off with a normal ring spanner.

• Like 1

The reduced head nuts that I've used in the past are k nuts.  They have a flange and then a smaller nut that is also half thickness.  We used them on exhaust manifolds for hillman imp engines as there was a similar issue.