Independent oil cooler (200tdi)

MECCANO

I need to rig up an oil cooler for the 200tdi disco engine in the garage, as im not using an original radiator where the components are combined.

Can you buy off the shelf kits to suit, or am i going to have to size all the components individually?

And would any one happen to know the thread size of hose connects at the filter end... i cant quite get to mine at the moment (its lying on its side)

also what would be and advisable core size/ amount of rows? is bigger always best?

Any help is greatly appreciated

I need to rig up an oil cooler for the 200tdi disco engine in the garage, as im not using an original radiator where the components are combined.

Can you buy off the shelf kits to suit, or am i going to have to size all the components individually?

And would any one happen to know the thread size of hose connects at the filter end... i cant quite get to mine at the moment (its lying on its side)

also what would be and advisable core size/ amount of rows? is bigger always best?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Very easy to do.... I don't as such have an 'off the shelf' kit in stock but I certainly have all the bits you would need so it would be easy to put into a box......

You really only need a 13 or maybe a 16 row cooler, any bigger and the oil would never get warm.... adds to the price a bit but an inline thernostat is well worth it for a road vehicle.

Look at my motorsport plumbing webpage for a clue as to the sort of stuff you might need.

Don't go the crappy bit of garden hose with jubilee clips route - proper swaged hoses need not be too expensive and are simply the only wau worth considering

Hope that helps a bit

David