SIII 109, front leaf springs. Do the have a front and read end?

xychix

I've just put new bushes in my front left leaf (over to the right once this is fitted). However refitting the axle seem to have moved aprox 3cm? odd as it's on stands but possible.

Other cause might be that I have the sprint mounted the other way around.

Hence my question, do the leafs have a front and rear end or are they 'symmetric' ? 

13 minutes ago, Arjan said:

I suggest you measure the other one to see if the spring sits centre

haha, tried that but the bottom plate doen't really allow for a good measurement :)
Given the amount of knowledge here I was hoping someone would 'just know'. 

the centre bolt is indeed central , just loosen the U bolts on the right side - assuming the 109 is on stands under the chassis  and align as required . The front prop can pull the axle on the left to the rear  with the springs hanging , particularly if the shock absorbers are not mounted .

Steve

thanks, actually putting the leaf back the other way around was a bad excuses for a not perfect fitting polybush.
I pressed out the center with a home made diy press and redid the job with more grease. Put the spring in the same way it came out and aligned it.

Hoped to support the chassis so i could move the equipement to the right side, however give the limited number of axle stands I decided to wait for the parts, first finish left and then move right.