gear / transfer box breathers

tpk241

they are against the bulkhead,

just buy some inline joiners and run the new extension to where you want it

I take it this is the preffered method ? Its just the new kit i have has got new banjo connections etc ... Is it too much of a PITA to replace the whole pipe then ?

Thanks,

TPK

you'll find it next to impossible to fit the banjos etc without getting dirt in the connections as they are on the top of the boxes & you'll be working blind in a very dirty area. extending the existing pipes is much easier. when i extended mine i just used washer pipe & connectors. that way you can keep the posh long breathers for when you do a full rebuild... :ph34r:

the breathers are the two black pipes with U-bends at the top that come up the bulkhead just to the offside of the block & finish about the same height as the head.

you'll find it next to impossible to fit the banjos etc without getting dirt in the connections as they are on the top of the boxes & you'll be working blind in a very dirty area. extending the existing pipes is much easier. when i extended mine i just used washer pipe & connectors. that way you can keep the posh long breathers for when you do a full rebuild... :ph34r:

the breathers are the two black pipes with U-bends at the top that come up the bulkhead just to the offside of the block & finish about the same height as the head.

Fair comment ... Actually i have some spare bits of the new pipe from the axle lengths so i'll get some joiners and make it easy :P

Anyone have any comments on fitting the timing cover breather ? I have heard some for and some against the idea ?

the caps on brake and clutch reservoirs have breather holes in them, they have to cos fluid has to go up and down as they are being used.

most people dont wade that deep that often so it doesn't really get that contaminated, personally i fitted them so there is no chance of it.

hyphose do 1/8 bsp to 6mm pneumatic connectors which are good for the job, that is also the same thread on axle and gearbox breathers ;)