Overheating Disco 3

Simon_CSK

I having problems with my Tdv6 D3 overheating.

I have bled it in accordance with the instructions but I know it is blowing water out, have done a sniff test and that was ok.

Am loosing the will to live.

Could it be as easy as a malfunctioning header cap? We had that on a 911 last year. 'Proper' garage had fiddled with it at great expense, but failed to resolve the problem. New cap and it has been running fine. 🙂 Chances are you have a correct cap on one of your other cars, so easy to swap over for testing. To identify the issue, I tend to put the overflow hose in a little bottle to see just how much is coming out. If the bottle fills without the temperature rising, it's likely overheating because the coolant level drops rather than pushing out coolant because the temperature and pressure are too high.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2022 at 8:42 AM, NegevLandRover said:

Can you give more info on when it overheats ? From the get go ? On long hills ? When you open the expansion tank is there lots of pressure there ? Is there by any chance engine oil in the expansion tank ? 

Drove to the bank 7 miles away. Filled and bled the day before when I got out of the car there was a trail of water following the arc of my turn.