Milemarker mounts

BogMonster

A while back somebody reversed in to the front of the 90 and pranged my winch mount, its a bit bent and I hope to recover the cost of replacement like for like from the pranger. Realistically I am never likely to get off my butt and make my own because I have too many other things to do and anyway I am not very good at fabrication so it will probably look poo.

What other options are people using for front Milemarker mounts on Defenders? I've looked at the "Technik" one from Alfred Murray which is a bit "loud" being fully galvanised, would prefer black, but something along those lines. Don't really want a "normal low winch bumper" as it will dig in the ground too easily and bugger up the Dyneema. Would prefer something which doesn't involve cutting out the radiator surround as I may be selling the 90 in the next year or so and if I do may transfer the winch to the new vehicle.

If anybody who has a MM on a front bumper mount - preferably a fairly high one with decent approach angle - could post a couple of pics I would be grateful. The Bikini mount is ok (good approach angle) but I feel not strong enough as I have seen it flexing slightly under high load.

Looking for a strong mount but as it is a decent newish vehicle I also want something that looks ok not like an accident by a welders apprentice, any ideas welcome!

Ta :)

Stephen

The water bottle was to spray screenwash (methanol/water) onto the intercooler. Result: 10deg off the peak EGT at a steady 95mph. I decided the bigger benefits could be had from a bigger intercooler so I'm going down that route instead. I suspect spraying the screenwash into the intake would have a much greater effect, but there's somewhat more risk to the engine I think.

[/threadjack]

Hmm, water sprays on intercoolers do work but i've never seen it done on a landy! Have you considered a charge cooler instead? I agree with the "mist" into the intake charge, however its not somthing i would do without a proper kit tbh because its as you say pretty risky.