Thermostat TD4

RizzleKicks

Evening Folks, 

The 2004 manual  🦛 has decided to blow luke warm air & the Temp gauges rises no more than 1/4.

Mechanic has said that the Thermostat has failed and is in the stuck open position. 

Now I have read up and see there is an easy fix to this , see the link below. My question is has anyone tried this Fix of so how easy is it and is there any pics ? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325053759548?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=gRLtOZl9TLS&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=im--QYK9SL-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

TIA 

RizzleKicks 

Seems ridiculously expensive to me. Changing the standard one is not that difficult.

The main problem with this though, is that a thermostat "in line" like this, requires a flow of water to it (bypass) for it to work. As this effectively blocks a hose how it any hot water going to get to the thermostat capsule ? I would hope it has a bypass channel or at the very least a jiggle pin.

Before buying, I would check with the seller.

• 10 months later...

Just changed my thermostat on the weekend, not that bad to do. Get yourself a ratchet and standard 1/4” ring spanners and a 1/4” drive for the drill (this goes in to the ratchet spanner to undo a couple of the housing bolts) a proper coolant hose clamp pliers will also make life easier

undo the aircon hose for easier access, no need to remove engine mounts etc, finely but doable.

order a new thermostat housing and thermostat, it will come with the seal. You will also need a new o ring for the coolant pipe that bolts in to the housing.

allow most of the day for the first one lol