4.4 TDV8 engine bay pictures

muddy

Good evening I have just purchased a well abused 4.4 that I would think several back street garages and internet experts have meddled with, if someone could take a picture of the fan shroud where the wiring comes through and of the rough area around the air box where said wiring should be clipped I would be most grateful.

Also if you could take a picture of the interior mirror and sensor? That sits below it I would also be very grateful.

Before anyone says so I have joined the fullfat forum but so many of the threads have little conclusion and the search can be quite fruitless.. ( been tracking down a secondary turbo boost valve fault most of the day) 

Will.

On 12/28/2022 at 8:58 PM, muddy said:

Good evening I have just purchased a well abused 4.4 that I would think several back street garages and internet experts have meddled with, if someone could take a picture of the fan shroud where the wiring comes through and of the rough area around the air box where said wiring should be clipped I would be most grateful.

Also if you could take a picture of the interior mirror and sensor? That sits below it I would also be very grateful.

Before anyone says so I have joined the fullfat forum but so many of the threads have little conclusion and the search can be quite fruitless.. ( been tracking down a secondary turbo boost valve fault most of the day) 

Will.

I'm happy to take some pics of my engine bay and send them through but I haven't tinkered under the bonnet yet so not quite sure where you need them taken. Post an image from Google of the engine bay with the bits circled and I'll take some snaps.

18 hours ago, steve200TDi said:

Good to hear you found one. I will look through the pictures I have later to see if there any useful ones for you.

Steve

It could be good or it could be very very bad 🙃 A 'lovley' well abused high mileage example came up locally at a price I couldnt refuse so I took a gamble. I hope you don't miss yours too much and got a decent price for it.

These are the pictures I would like to compare, I have however found I can get a complete viscous fan for about £230 so I might just replace it, it doesn't spin all the time and when its not rotating you get a clicking every rev or so although it did actually start fanning last night when I had it ticking over as while after a coolant change so ill keep an eye on it. Its clearly done a tour of 'cheaper' garages 😄

IMG_5652.thumb.jpeg.033b3e98705f54d6f43fba2c86673537.jpeg

IMG_5651.thumb.jpeg.f5d550651b5687800f325f1a86d46c82.jpeg

IMG_5650.thumb.jpeg.b08acae088c5b9c06ebcad8d0ea50867.jpeg