P38 window switches - Help!!

Tetsu0san

Hi all.

I have a P38 and suddenly the windows and mirror switches stopped working.

I plugged in the Nanocom and I can control the windows, sunroof, mirrors etc through the menus but not by the switches. I took the switch pack apart and fixed a couple of suspicious looking solder joints but still no joy. I then managed to pick up a second hand switch pack but that doesn't seem to work either.

At this point I don't know if I'm just messing around with two faulty switch packs, have an issue with wiring, or a fault in the BCEM.

Is there anyone in the Oxfordshire area with a known working switch pack that I could try in mine (and maybe buy if it works), or anyone who would let me plug my switch packs into their P38 to see if either work?

Or does anyone have any other ideas that I could try?

Cheers!

On 2/12/2023 at 8:19 PM, elbekko said:

Should be a straight line from the switch pack to the BeCM.

Screenshot_20230212_211535_AcrobatforSamsung.thumb.jpg.2b4eac67dec50aca66743eef6ccfc24e.jpg

You could try checking the earth coming into the switch pack. And measure through the wires going between the switch pack and the BeCM.

Thanks for that. I scanned through the P38 manual that I have and it didn't have a wiring diagram, but since seeing your post I've managed to download one.

I'll have a go at the earth and check all the wires from the switch back to the BeCM. Will be back shortly!

On 2/15/2023 at 4:50 PM, Blanco said:

The switch pack is known to give trouble not usually all at once though, there is a DIY fix and good info here, I don't know if it applies but the more you know about the system as a whole the better?

Yeah, that's why I'm wondering if it's the BeCM as it just stopped. No iffy switches, just working then nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still looking for a switchpack to borrow if possible. I spoke to a BeCM expert who assured me that it's really really unlikely to be the BeCM so I should look for a working switchpack.

So here I am (again)!

Or I'd be willing to pay for a working one.

Cheers